Having good characters is essential to every novel.
A character profile is said to be simply “a description of a character’s personality and background”-google dictionary.
But really,it’s more than that.It’s taking the character and putting them in a nutshell.
It’s forcing you,the writer to see who your character really is.
well,now that you know what it is,here are 20 things to include in your character profile:
- sum up your character in 10 words.try to be as descriptive as possible
- make a list of at least 5 of the character’s hobbies.
- what does your character wish they could do?
- what type of person does your character wish the could be?
- does your character work?what kind of work do they do?Do they like\hatec their job?
- Is your character a boy or a girl?
- What’s your character’s full name?do they not use their middle name?do they absolutely hate it?
- Is there a special story behind your character’s name?were they named after someone special?
- Who are your character’s parents?What are they like?Even if you already have a profile on them,describe them as parents.
- Is your character married?single?separted?divorced?what’s their relationship with their partner?
- Does your character have any children?How many?what are their ages?what kind of parent is your character?
- What is your character most afraid of?Is there a special reason why?
- how old is your character?
- Does your character have a special,secret treasure?what’s the story behind it?
- Who does your character hate?why?
- What’s your character’s dream job?
- What is a special memory from childhood that your character treasures?why is it so special to them?
- Is your character male or female?
- Does your character have a role model?why is that person their role model?
- how does your character deal with their strong emotions?
hope that helps.
if it did,please leave a comment below.
- 7 Writing Prompts to Kick-Start Creativity (chimerawriters.com)
- Visualising a character (creativevisualisation.wordpress.com)
- What is Personality? (imthiaz88.wordpress.com)-understanding people and how they act at different ages can help you create more realistic characters.
- Classtools Fakebook – Create a Fictitious Facebook Page (freetech4teachers.com)-giving your character a fake face-book page can make it easier for you to understand them